Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Killer Year

The debut writers of 2007 have exciting news!

It all started with an innocuous comment on Jason Pinter's blog about the 'class of 2007'. A reference to new authors with debut books coming out next year.

Which sparked a train of thought that Sarah Weinman thought it was worthy to make note of on her blog.

And ultimately, led to a discussion between myself, Brett Battles, JT Ellison and the man who'd sparked it all, Jason Pinter.

I've been accepted as an honourary member to the group, being doubly odd by being both Canadian and having my first book scheduled for release this November. And the point here is, if you've got your debut crime/thriller coming out in 2007, then email Jason at jason@jasonpinter.com with the following:

Your name
Book Title
Publisher
Release schedule
Blog Link
Website

Jason already has a Killer Year website up, where all the authors will be mentioned. Brett's hard at work on logo designs and t-shirts and everyone's having mercy on me, because I'm in the middle of edits.

This is a great way for us newbies to link up, to get to know each other, get some exposure. So, if you fit the bill, don't be shy! Email Jason, and spread the word!

3 comments:

anne frasier said...

what a cool idea!

angie said...

Does this mean that you finally have your own "little clique that WON'T make you feel excluded, unloved, alone, left in the corner of the playground wihout toys or friends as they flaunt their togetherness?"

Sounds like a great idea...just wondering what stuff will be going on, though. Just a list? A multi-author blog? Articles? Inquiring minds wanna know...

Sandra Ruttan said...

*Sniff*
Yes Angie, they're calling me Grandpa and making me dye my hair grey, but they're letting me hang out as long as I don't start to smell funny or talk too much about "when I was a young whippersnapper".