Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's Been One of Those Days

You've all been there. Dogs barking. Internet's down. Kicking the town freaks out of your backyard. They're there because hot damn, wommin', we's havin' us a parade and they think that means I want them on my property.

I remember the first year we lived here. Oh, you'd think the village would warn us that they were going to have all the floats for the parade lined up down our street, so we'd be hemmed in for hours and could expect to have unsupervised kids running on our property, parents threatening lawsuits if they tripped and broke their bloody nose on a sidewalk that they never should have been on in the first place.

Did I mention I hate parade day?

And I don't like it any better, even now that Kevin's in the damn thing.

Parade day is bad enough, but then, the internet goes down?

Dear GOD people, I was starting to have the shakes!

But now that it's up again, I can tell you all that Killer Year is really starting to come together, we're hoping to launch the group blog next week, and Jason Pinter's doing a fantastic job.

Absofuckinglutely fantastics.

Now that I've said that, I'm going to go get my broom and chase kids off my lawn.





12 comments:

anne frasier said...

that's enough hits of orange sunshine for you, my little kitties.

Anonymous said...

You could decide that your traditional way of celebrating Town Day (I'm assuming that is what the parade is for.) is to fire shotguns and such into the air. Oh, wait. You're in Canda. Although I know from BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE that Canadian's have the same percentage of gun owners as the US.

Anyway, one of my brother's former roommate's dad used to do that every year. As he put it, I'm the crazy guy who's never had anybody break into my house.

On a non-violent note, you can also run the sprinklers.

Sandra Ruttan said...

We have the same percentage of gun ownership? Wild. And I'm in Alberta, which is like Texas. What is it about oil and guns?

I didn't even think of the sprinkler because it's been raining for the past few days. Damn, that would have worked too!

The worst thing is, all these people on your property, not invited, and they complain the dogs are barking. What do you expect?

Anne, aren't they just too cute?

Jeff said...

Sandra, if all else fails, you could sic those "killer kitties" on those trespassing kiddos. :)

Bill, the Wildcat said...

I've never much cared for parades. Even as a kid, they bored the heck out of me... but to be trapped in my own home because of one. Grrrrr! I'd let the idiots complaining about my dog barking find out what her bite is like!

angie said...

Don't show 'em the kittens or the parade kids will never leave!! They're ridiculously cute (the kitties, not the kiddies).

So...surviving the edits?

Anonymous said...

I love the little kitten with his tongue poking out. Reminds me of my Trotsky when he sleeps and his tongue pokes out. So adorable.

I reckon chain the dogs to the front of the property where people trespass. I'm sure it will make them think twice.

DesLily said...

hi.. i found you thru Wildcat (so blame him!) The kittens are sooooooooo cute! (but there are 9 cats in this house so not even "cute" tempts me..heh)

I love parades (unlike Bill) but sure don't like anyone on my property even if all I am doing is renting!! It's disrespectful! makes you wonder what else your neighbors have in store for you huh? heh.


http://herethereandeverywhere2ndedition.blogspot.com/

Chaser said...

But you have kitties and they are sooooooooo cute.

Sorry about the Parade. And the day.

Sandra Ruttan said...

You guys have cracked me up over the parade! Great ideas, too.

And deslily, Lisa, Mary... welcome all. If I haven't said it all ready, nice to have you drop by and put your 2 cents in!

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Oh, please don't get me started on parades.

I live in the country....cows, horses, bears and bobcats. You'd think people had better things to do than tie up the main road...the only road...mind you with a parade that is longer than the section of road that they travel.

But no...this is the country...people don't have good sense!

Unknown said...

I want one of those kitties!!!!!!!!!