Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Wee Naughty Scot…

…has been telling lies about me. He likened me to an evil leprechaun and I have felt the need to point out repeatedly I’m nowhere near as vertically challenged as he is, nor can I be led by the hairs on my chinny-chin-chin and his shoes were pointier than mine too.


(Russel “Duh” McLean, Sandra wearing the FUCK button, and Brett Battles, just before the panel where John called him a wimp)


Don’t ask Russel what he did with the horns. It’s why we really couldn’t show the cow’s face.


The hat is a good look for you Russel. Now, as cool as that shirt is, I wish I had a good photo of the Badger Badger Badger shirt. However, by the end of the weekend, it was all we could do to keep Russel from charging the store and buying himself this shirt.

It isn’t really your colour, Russel.


And this is what you get when you ask him to take a photo after 8 pm. The three stages of Russel are hung over, recovering from the headache, and are you drinking again? See, this is why I spent a day with Russel when I was in Edinburgh in July. The man knows how to have a good time!

Speaking of Scots, I must digress from the discussion of Bouchercon to toss confetti and scream at the top of my lungs and all that jazz for the effervescent* Stuart MacBride who won the Barry award for Cold Granite! How cool is that?!

Now, in all seriousness, there are many other places online to get the goods on B’con. And today, I’ve put up some of my reflections on the Killer Year blog. I am, as always, looking forward to Cornelia Read’s weekly post, which she tells me will be about B’con as well.

This will make more sense after reading my post at Killer Year, but I wanted to add my delight at meeting Patricia Smiley. It’s always fun when you go up to someone and say, “You’re one of those Naked authors, aren’t you?”

I also met Lori G. Armstrong and Jeff Shelby from First Offenders. You can’t be too careful around First Offenders – you never know when they might shift gears and become Repeat Offenders.

And now, more photos. I’m going to try to wrap up photo posting tomorrow and Saturday, and am aiming for The Truth About Dave White video for Friday.

Just in case Dave thought he’d been successful with the bribery attempt. Sorry. My price is higher. You have 24 hours to raise the offer to an acceptable level…



Anne Frasier.


Denise Mina


Bill Cameron, Laura Lippman and some Canadian chick.


Cornelia, me and the cup (which you’ll have to read my post on Killer Year to find out about)


Pre-asskicking panel with Cornelia and Laura

* As to which definition of the word I’m referencing, I’ll leave it to you to decide.

** I’m saving the photos of Jen Jordan for my wrap up. ☺

19 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks for making me feel like I was there. Even if I was.

Russel said...

The thing is, I have no comeback to any of this.

Except the dancing queen t-shirt.

That belongs to Quetermous.

Sela Carsen said...

I am having the BEST time reading your blog!! So glad you had a blast at B'Con!

Anonymous said...

Dammit Russel, the shirt is John's and he was trying to pawn it off on me. Everybody knows purple is my color.

Dave White said...

Again... for the record... I did not bribe Sandra... in fact, if you look at my last comment, I said:

Bring it on.

So... bring it on.

Bill Cameron said...

I just want to know why Laura is sorta lunging away from me. Am I that creepy?

Sandra Ruttan said...

Patti - it was so nice to meet you in person as well!

Russel, if you've forgotten, how much did you drink at Reacher Creature?

Sela, thanks for that! These cons are a lot of fun.

Bryon, is that light purple? I wanted to get the right nail polish for you. ;)

Dave, sure. That's what you say in public. You just wait...

Sandra Ruttan said...

Bill, I think she was checking you out!

anne frasier said...

i look like the crazy kidnappped bride.

Bill Cameron said...

Uh, yeah, I'm sure that was it, Sandra.

O.o

Russel said...

Actually much of Reacher Creature is a bit of a blur - which part do you believe I have forgotted?

Heh...

Sandra Ruttan said...

Anne, LOL!

Bill, I think it was!

Russel, we'd be here all day if I were to start in on it. Shame you missed the threesome with Tribe, John and Quertermous. I heard they wanted to go for an official Four Play. ;)

Stephen Blackmoore said...

"...the threesome with Tribe, John and Quertermous"

You know how when you throw up a little in your mouth and it kind of burns for a while, gets up into your nose and lasts there all day behind your eyeballs?

That just happened to me right now.

angie said...

Thanks for sharing the all too visceral reaction, Stephen. I think you might have created a ripple effect. And not in a good way. *runs for the mouthwash*

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Any time, Angie. I'm nothing if not visceral.

Sandra Ruttan said...

You two can read more about it on Tribe's blog! Go hurl over there!

s.w. vaughn said...

Sandra, thanks so much for sharing all the pics. These are great! So glad you had such a good time! :-)

Lisa Hunter said...

Great reportage, Sandra. Someone should do a New Yorker article on the conference. The idea of a hotel full of people who spend their days plotting murders is loaded with possibilities.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Thanks SW!

Tribe, thanks for sharing!

Lisa, there was a great article on Thrillerfest in the Telegraph in the UK, but these things just don't seem to get the same press over here. It's a shame, because as you say, it's a situation with endless possibilities.

And there was the blackmail incident with Laura's shoe...