Wednesday, August 23, 2006

We interrupt crossing 23,000 to share this:

It's being reported that Rankin will continue writing Rebus.

Of course, I don't automatically believe anything they report about Rankin anymore, because the speculation has been rampant. Just the other day I read that he wouild be writing comics when he stopped writing Rebus... today he's still going to write Rebus... I think it doesn't have to be one or the other, but whatever.

The nice thing about this is, people obviously care. What more could you hope for as a writer? Certainly beats the alternative of people not giving a shit if your character fades into oblivion or not.

Which, in a way, is too bad. People fixate on Rankin writing Rebus, when it isn't Rebus that Rankin writes best*.

But enough of my Rankin commentary. Still, this is hopeful news for Rankin fans, and all the people who (knowing I was going to Harrogate this year) begged me to persuade Ian to continue the series. Believe me, I had nothing to do with it - it's a conversation I never had. I just think he's tempted by the idea of going retro with the music selections.

More Rebus?

* Not that I don't love Rebus.

13 comments:

angie said...

I still wanna know how the empathy experiment is going...

Sandra Ruttan said...

Rankin's, Rebus's or mine?

And if Rebus, clarify detective, or kitten please.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's going to write Rebus comics. I would definitely prefer that to stupid Brenda Starr.
norby

Sandra Ruttan said...

Norby, he has a different detective for the comics. And if he did Rebus comics they would definitely have to be earlier, pre book series, wen Rebus had comic book physique.

Can you believe there are women who'd want to sleep with Rebus? I saw that specific question on a forum once (with many affirmative answers). To start, he's 23 years older than me. Catherine Zeta Jones, I'm not.

angie said...

Um, you know...the research project the author was, ah, embarking on. I'm not very good with vague shit. You know perfectly well what I'm talking about and are just being coy!

Sandra Ruttan said...

Coy? Me?

;)

angie said...

I rest my case.

Anonymous said...

Ah, a new dectective, intriguing.

Have I mentioned my husband's fourteen years older than me. twenty-three years is not unthinkable.

norby

Sandra Ruttan said...

Angie, how do I make an emoticon that sticks out its tongue?

Norby, 14 is one thing. 23 is another. My mother was 20 when I was born. Actually, so was my father. And I'm the baby. 23 just sounds like too much.

Anonymous said...

I guess it just doesn't bother me. You can keep the young ones for yourself then. I have no interest in them.
norby

Sandra Ruttan said...

LOL Norby! And who says women can't share?!

angie said...

Ya do it like this:

:P

I probably shouldn't have shown you that...

Flood said...

Congrats on 23,000! Huge milestone.