Saturday, August 19, 2006

Googlewhacked

You go out for a few hours, and look what happens.

My blog is a googlewhack.

Yes, I received an email, informing me of this.

Now, the whole concept of googlewhacking is new to me. Apparently, it's a game to enter two words, not in quotes, into a search engine and produce only one result from the search.

And (sniff) my blog is the product of the unholy union of two real words that nobody else has put together on the internet... yet.

Due to change tomorrow.

I'm not going to tell you what the words are, though. Although Mr. Stephen Wood - who informed me of this glorious declaration - did share in his email.

Because if I tell you, you'll all go mention them elsewhere so I won't be special anymore.

See, you really do learn something new every day...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is one for your enjoyment:

"whatchamacallum noir"

I always thought Sandra was a one of a kind.

Vincent Holland-Keen said...

I can't believe I was looking for Googlewhacks the other day, found none, yet a site I visit almost every day has one. The Gods of luck and chance are mocking me, that's what they're doing.

James Goodman said...

Ah, you'll always be special to me, Sandra. :D

Anonymous said...

People, stop 'google whacking' fer the luv of dog.

You can go blind, yanno.
.
.
.
.
er... so I've heard.

Unknown said...

Never heard of it. Is that like Whack A Mole? Hee hee. :0

Erik Ivan James said...

Ah, so that's why I'm so frustrated! I don't google-whack.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Awwww evilkev. And believe me, you're one of a kind too.
:}

Vincent, I hope the clue I gave helped in your quest!

James, thanks, I think!

Bardawill - can you explain how that happens?

Andrea, LOL!. Nope, not as far as I can tell. But then, I've never googlewhacked.

Erik, see, the answers to all problems are here. I'm frickin' amazing. (And I have read your poetry, you know!)

Anonymous said...

"Bardawill - can you explain how that happens?"

As I matter of fact I can't.
But I read about it on the back of a bathroom stall in a pub, thus it MUST be true.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

"...it's a game to enter two words, not in quotes, into a search engine and produce only one result from the search."

How bored do you have to be to come up with or play a game like that?

Sandra Ruttan said...

Liz, if it was written in the back of a bathroom stall in a pub, then it's Gospel.

Patrick, I suppose if you have a really monotonous data entry job or something it might be fun.

angie said...

How funny. Mindy tried to explain what a google Whack was a while ago & I just couldn't wrap my head around it. How weird.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a drinking game to me!

norby

Bill Cameron said...

Sounds like something best done in private.

(Just stopping by to say, well, Bye! On my way out the door!)

Mindy Tarquini said...

google whacking plays a role in my novel.