Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Celebratory Scotch

Today, it's all about Russel. He may wear bad hats.


(At Jon & Ruth Jordan's house, post Bouchercon 2006)



(At Bouchercon 2006)


He may hang out with some questionable characters. (Um, sorry Brett. You're the respectable one of the bunch, just in with the wrong crowd...)


(Russel Duh McLean, Yours Truly & Brett Battles)


But none of that stops him from being a damn fine writer. I've been waiting for weeks to shout it from the rooftops, and now the word is out on the street - CONGRATULATIONS RUSSEL! (on the book deal)

6 comments:

Brian Lindenmuth said...

Is that a horn or is Russel just happy to see you?

Sandra Ruttan said...

Russel's being propped up by a cow. He didn't stop at one scotch...

angie said...

Nobody does cheesie like Russel...just don't let him near the 'shrooms!

Russel said...

I believe that horn belongs to the cow.

...Or I've been seriously underselling myself...

And at that point I was not propped up. Despite the dark glasses and the pale demeanour, I would never have touched drink at Bouchercon. No, I'm a good boy I am...

Angie, you're never going to let the mushrooms thing go now, are ya? I knew I should have simply responded, "what are you talking about?"....

Anyway, Sandra, thankyou for the post, the embarrasing pictures and the Hey Ya Snoopy... yeah, I feel good.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Well, maybe someone will pull all the embarrassing photos and make a collage and put it in a magazine!

James Goodman said...

Congrats to Russel!