Friday, May 11, 2007

Free Books...

There is so much I could say... And won't. Being a proper lady and all.

But there are jokes in the comment thread on the post below. And some are actually funny.

Don't forget the draw for free books! Send me an email OR leave a comment (without your address & I'll get it from you later if you win) and tell me which book (or books if appropriate) you’d like to be entered to win… I’ll take entries until Monday night your time. Which basically means anything that comes in before Tuesday morning will be considered, because I'll be too lazy to check timezones, then I’ll draw winners. The trade-off is you have to give me your address if you win, which I promise not to send junk mail to, but if you’re an important person I may be forced to sell it on eBay.

The two books I have to give away are…

The Business of Dying by Simon Kernick.
&
A Question of Blood by The Author Otherwise Known As God

These are not used books - they're new, btw.

And since I know I have to make you all feel like you’re working for it, you have to answer a trivia question as well.

Que: What is the name of The Author Otherwise Known as God?*

9 comments:

Chris said...

Not one to turn down free books, I'd love to be entered. I fear, however, I may be disqualified for never having read Ian Rankin. (Ducks, runs for cover.)

Still, no better way to start!

Sandra Ruttan said...

Chris, admission is the first step on the road to recovery. Or something like that. By the time I'm done with you you'll be enlightened.

;) You're entered.

Chris said...

Many thanks. Glad to see you're in better spirits...

Sandra Ruttan said...

Not to worry - I'm never down for long.

DesLily said...

well i will put in my name for "gods" book .. i already started David on Ian's books so a free one (if i won) he'd love!

Maddy said...

You're open to any recommendations?

Sandra Ruttan said...

DesLily, you're in.

mcewan, you're funny!

angie said...

Dammit, I posted a comment earlier...swear! Then again, I could be wrong. I did manage to walk off and leave my purse at the mall today, so I'm admitting to an extra helping of scatter-brainitis.

Anyway, I'm ashamed to say I haven't read either of the authors you're offering. Okay, I started a Rankin novel (excuse me one of *god's*) and managed to lose it before I got past page 3. Um...I'm sensing a trend here. That's not good. Whatever, count me in!

Sandra Ruttan said...

Angie, I hope your head is stitched on!

And you're in. Dear me, you lost a Rankin book? Forget the comments and the purse... how did you lose a book?

And how have you managed to go all this time, on my blog, without reading Rankin? I must be slipping. Not promoting him enough lately. ;)