Sunday, July 02, 2006

Update: A bizarre series of coincidences

I can't explain the incidents that led up to it, but lets just say that the fire Kevin's department ended up fighting wasn't the one they were originally called for.

It was much, much worse.

I was outside doing yard work when a teen rode by on his bicycle. He started talking to me and then asked if I'd heard about the fire. What fire? I was thinking. The guys were called out of town.

This business, he tells me. Over by the campground. (Read: other side of town) They heard some explosions, were woken up by it.

I went over to take a look. Pretty bad for the business. Kevin's out with the arson investigators at the moment, sifting through the debris, so I didn't see him. But everyone's okay, nobody was in the building.

I'm relieved, and I'm going back over in an hour to see if they want lunch.

5 comments:

Bill Cameron said...

I'm glad to hear that Kevin is all right, Sandra.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Thanks Bill - me too.

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I'm glad no on was hurt. My son-in-law is the assistant chief in our station. I always worry...He has melted more bunkergear than i can count!

During our recent flooding in Conklin, four houses blew up because of gas leaks caused by the torrent of water. In one case is blew the house off the foundation and the river took it away. It got hung up on a railroad trestle and disintegrated!

But no one was in any of them because of the evacuations.

Sandra Ruttan said...

What a relief Bonnie. Horrid to think of losing your house, but as long as your loved ones aren't in it, it's survivable.

Unknown said...

Sandra, glad Kevin is ok!