Saturday, July 08, 2006

Kicking Stuart Out of Bed

Bad enough that it’s been hot as hell lately. Any sane creature would be laying claim to as much space as they could stretch out in, preferably downstairs or someplace cool, like in front of the fan.

Not near Human Furnace Girl. Why would anyone – any thing - want to be anywhere close to me?

Try using that logic on Stuart. Damn, I’m trying to sleep, which is hard enough given the temperatures lately, and then along comes Stuart. Nuzzling my cheek. Nibbling on my ear. As if that isn’t bad enough, Stuart then flops down on top of me. That’s right – just craters on the back of my neck and goes to sleep.

(Look at me, I'm so innocent. NOT!)

When it’s this hot, I don’t even want to be touched, never mind have some furry animal sleeping on my neck!

Although I must say, Rebus is equally annoying at night. He won’t leave my feet alone. And Simon? Don’t get me started. Simon's teeth are incredibly sharp. And it's like any spot of bare flesh is laced with catnip. Not to mention Simon has a thing about chewing my hair...


I can safely say the only one that behaves beautifully is Russel.
(Russel & Simon)


Be sure to drop by Murderati today. Elaine Flinn interviews Ian Rankin. Is he still involved with Paris Hilton? You have to go there to find out.


And I’m fairly certain I was supposed to post a link to something else today. But I’m a bit sleep-deprived at the moment and I’m just having that “you’re forgetting something” feeling.

Meanwhile, I’ll post a joke sent to me from my friend, Forrest.

The Smiths

The Smiths were dining out when his wife noticed a familiar face at the bar.

"Honey," she said as she pointed the guy out, "that guy at the bar has been drinking like that since I left him seven years ago."

Her husband said, "That's silly, no one celebrates that much!"

12 comments:

JT Ellison said...

Precious darlings!!! You'd think they like to have their picture taken, the little poseurs.

Sandra Ruttan said...

They do seem to like it JT. And they're getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Ah the hot furry kitty water bag. we have similar creatures in our house dressed up like dogs. They love to press up against you in the heat. Where are they in the winter I ask?

Bill Cameron said...

Gimme. I require all kittens delivered forthwith. Thank you for attending to this matter.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Eileen, dogs are even worse! Well, mine are, because they're big! And yeah, where are they in winter? So unfair.

Bill, LOL! Today I might just gladly hand over Stuart, but then she's such a purrhead and so cuddly...

ivan said...

Hate to say this, Sandra, but I think your cats are seriously
f*cked up.
I had a similar experience with a kitten who'd been taken away from her mother too early.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Actually Ivan, our kittens are still nursing. And they're over 8 weeks old. They aren't nursing 100% but Buttons still lets them some every day - she never started forcing them off.

DesLily said...

I see a potential kitten mystery from you! "Stuart: the missing Kitten".. oh wait! You didn't wear your slippers to bed! It must be... It is! It's Stuart the foot-warming kitty!! heh..

gotta love kittens!!

Sandra Ruttan said...

Do I have to? Even when they're biting my toes?

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Yea...even when their biting your toes...Mine loves to get on my back and knead it with her front paws...usually when I'm trying to sleep!

Bill Cameron said...

My cat, or rather, the cat to whom I belong, bites me. But only when I've failed to properly satisfy her requirements. One time even, she got so mad she peed on me. Needless to say, I do as I'm told.

Jack Ruttan said...

Your cats, and those of the other commenters, sound like demons in feline form. Where did they come from? Actually, my black cats used to hunt my feet when I was in bed. Very distressing, but a few panicked kicks would give them the message.

Still, couldn't live without 'em.