Friday, March 23, 2007

Ugh. Is It Friday Yet?

Kevin Wignall has a post up about balance, really. How do you manage your writing life? Seems he, like me, has no balance when working on a book.

Yeah, you know me. All or nothing. And so it is with great honour that I share the news of yet another blog. Except this one is a group thing, in conjunction with Crimespace.

It’s called Crime Zine. The purpose? It’s intended to be a group blog where publishers of ezines can post updates about new issues, contests, news of interest to readers.

The reason for doing this? Well, in hashing it over with Mr. Hatadi, one of the concerns is that Crimespace stay as free of BSP as possible and just general ‘announcement’ type posts on the forum. Here here. By forming a group blog we can keep the information from getting in the way of things. An RSS feed will be featured on Crimespace so that all the traffic on the way to the bar will get to see teasers about the latest updates.

Any eligible ezine publisher interested in participating should email me, using their Blogger2 email address. Let me know the name of the ezine and url. These ezines should publish some crime fiction content to be eligible.

In other news…
Jim Winter wants us to join in celebrating Laura Lippman’s NY Times bestseller list debut. As I mentioned yesterday the book is getting a lot of buzz. Check out What The Dead Know.

Friday Funnies... Or not so funnies, as the case may be (Courtesy of Norby)

One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his Sweat- shirt. Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, "What setting do I use on the washing machine?"

"It depends," I replied. "What does it say on your shirt?"
He yelled back, "University of Oklahoma."

And they say blondes are dumb...
-----------------------------------------------------------
A couple is lying in bed. The man says, "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world."
The woman replies, "I'll miss you..."
-----------------------------------------------------------
"It's just too hot to wear clothes today," Jack says as he stepped out of the shower, "hon honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"
"Probably that I married you for your money," she replied.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Q: What do you call an intelligent, good looking, sensitive man?
A: A rumor
-----------------------------------------------------------
A man and his wife, now in their 60's, were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. On their special day a good fairy came to them and said that because they had been so good that each one of them could have one wish.
The wife wished for a trip around the world with her husband.
Whoosh! Immediately she had airline/cruise tickets in her hands.
The man wished for a female companion 30 years
younger...
Whoosh...immediately he turned ninety!!!
Gotta love that fairy!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Lord,
I pray for Wisdom to understand my man; Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods. Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death.
AMEN
---------------------------------------------------------------- -
Q: Why do little boys whine?
A: They are practicing to be men.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Q: What do you call a handcuffed man?
A: Trustworthy.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Q: What does it mean when a man is in your bed gasping for breath and calling your name?
A: You did not hold the pillow down long enough.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Q: Why do men whistle when they are sitting on the toilet?
A: It helps them remember which end they need to wipe.
-- ---------------------------------------------------------
Q: How do you keep your husband from reading your e-mail??
A: Rename the mail folder "Instruction Manuals"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fight back for all males of the species!

Men grow bald because of intense activity of the brain. For similar reasons of over-use, women do not grow beards.

I hope this doesn't mean war.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Ouch. Funny, but ouch.

Somebody have a bad date, or something?

Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I love your jokes!!

Sandra Ruttan said...

Jersey Jack, nice comeback! This explains why you still have your hair, then?

Stephen, I am dedicating these to my former boss and good friend, and she knows why.

Trace, thought you would!

Anonymous said...

I just want to state for the record that my father sent me those jokes.

Supposedly he's the top salesman for the company he works for. I'm not sure how, because 99% of the jokes I send Sandra come from him.

And I've been married for fourteen years so...well, maybe that doesn't save me from the bad date thing. Never mind.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Marriage just makes some of those jokes funnier.

And if evilkev wants to fire back he can get his own damn blog. ;)

Anonymous said...

T.G.I.F. vs S.H.I.T

A business man got on an elevator. When he entered, there was a
blonde already inside who greeted him with a bright, "T-G-I-F."

He smiled at her and replied, "S-H-I-T."

She looked puzzled, and repeated, "T-G-I-F," more slowly.

He again answered, "S-H-I-T."

The blonde was trying to keep it friendly, so, she smiled her biggest
smile and said as sweetly as possibly, "T -G -I -F."

The man smiled back to her and once again said, "S-H-I-T."

The exasperated blonde finally decided to explain.
'T-G-I-F' means "Thank Goodness It's Friday. Get it........ duuhhh?"

Yes I know the man answered with a wink, 'S-H-I-T' means "Sorry, Honey, It's
Thursday." Duuuhhh!

Gabriele Campbell said...

Roflol.

And can someone tell me why the verification word is roach?

Sandra Ruttan said...

Sand Storm - LOVE that! That's a good one!

Gabriele... I'm trying to think of what it could stand for but I'm coming up with nothing. How's that for being unhelpful?!

Anonymous said...

Just what I needed to lighten my shitty mood.

s.w. vaughn said...

Drat! I thought I said something about this on Friday. I read it, I know I did... because I kept thinking back on the jokes all weekend. :-)

Happy Monday, Sandra. I'll be back later on...