Friday, March 02, 2007

Three Separate Things

Just Another Typical Day

A woman’s body is found two weeks after she went missing. While the Pickton trial moves along, Pickton’s brother remains under investigation.

I guess this is what you call therapeutic sex, but it’s no laughing matter.

I’m not dishing out sympathy for Mom on this one. It’s the reason she’s under arrest: charged with murdering her 14-year-old daughter earlier this week. Sticking with domestic murders, the girl, now 13, charged with murdering her parents and younger brother last year should be on trial in June.

Two police officers were wounded in a drug bust shootout near Montreal.

And this, this makes me sick. A pastor sexually abuses a girl for seven years and he only faces one year behind bars.

All just one day skimming the news in Canada.


Now, on an entirely different note, Patrick shared some thoughts on the Out of the Gutter collection which I have a story in. It’s always interesting to hear people’s take on your work, especially someone as sharp as Patrick.

And even further afield…
I sent WHAT BURNS WITHIN off last night. Now I’m dealing with writing the wretched synopsis. I always find that tricky. If I could tell the story in two pages it wouldn’t be 445 pages long in manuscript form… But it is getting there.

Over the next two weeks I hope to catch up on Spinetingler stuff, read work written by other people and catch up on emails.

Well, and finish up that other little project I’m working on. No time to stare at the wall blankly and vegetate.

5 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Boy am I there with you on that synopsis thing. Trying writing one when you're only half done the book!!

Mindy Tarquini said...

Now ain't this a cheerful, happy post?

Writing synopses suck.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Well Patti, the one advantage is that you don't have to be distracted by all the subplots you've fallen in love with! Small consolation, I know...

Mindy, I'm nothing if not happy and cheerful. Not.

And I think we're all agreed on writing synopses.

Anonymous said...

My commiserations with the synopsis writing. I just finished The Wog Manual revisions and after one more read through, off it goes. Can't wait. I need some fun in my life.

Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

The synopsis is a hair pulling thing to deal with. But you'll get 'er, Sandra. Go woman!