Saturday, December 30, 2006

You Mean You Really Have A Book Coming Out?

Surprisingly enough, I do.

Yesterday, I had the surreal experience of seeing the first review to hit the discussion lists:

SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES by Sandra Ruttan: (01/07) I
don't normally pay much attention to blurbs, but when
you see Ken Bruen and Robert Fate both on the same
cover, you really want to see what's inside. Reporter
Lara Kelly and policeman Tymen Farraday are the
unlikely team attempting to solve the mystery of a
videotape that appears to depict the death of a woman
in this gritty debut. Lara’s newspaper story causes
the police chief to assign Farraday to discredit her
but when potential evidence is stolen and Lara is
attacked, Farraday is forced to put aside his negative
feelings about reporters and work with her to solve
the murder and protect her from the killer. Two more
murders occur as they are seeking the answer. In a
town where one person holds all the power, not even
the police can be trusted. Cozy fans beware, this is
one police procedural with the real stuff.
- Review by Jack Quick

And then on the same list someone had their Current Read listed as Suspicious Circumstances. And I don't remember sending them a copy, but maybe 'new book brain' is like 'pregnancy brain' and you just forget everything.

Anyway, it has begun.

Suspicious Circumstances is now up for pre-order on Barnes & Noble.

Although the date is wrong on there - for some reason it says January 28, but the book is still targeted for release on January 7. It's in the process of winding its way through the Ingram ordering system, on to Amazon and Chapters, etc.

I'll keep you posted.

19 comments:

Sela Carsen said...

Congratulations! "New Book Brain" covers a lot of things.

Anonymous said...

Cooooool. norby.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!

Mary

angie said...

That's so freakin' cool! Go, Sandra, Go!!!

Now I gotta go pre-order the book...

s.w. vaughn said...

Woo hoo! Congrats to the max, Sandra!!

Sandra Ruttan said...

Sela, I'll take your word for it about 'new book brain'. And use the excuse liberally for the next month, whether it's true or not!

Norby & Mary - thanks!

Angie, it should hit amazon any day. Just an fyi... Basically, since it's up on B&N I guess people can pre-order it in the stores as well.

Thanks SW! Oh, gee, guess what I forgot to link to today. New Book Brain, that's it...

Christa M. Miller said...

That's a great review! Your book was on my TBR list anyway but this just ratchets it up. :) Congratulations!

Sandra Ruttan said...

Aw Christa, thanks. And I can tell you there's a good review going in print next month too in one of the magazines...

pattinase (abbott) said...

All the best. Can't wait to read it.

anne frasier said...

woo-hoo, sandra!
i loved suspicious circumstances.

you haven't been talking about it, and for some reason my brain slipped and i was thinking it wasn't coming out until april. then just a few days ago i realized it was january. i'll probably wait and order through amazon.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Thanks Patti - that means a lot.

Anne, there's a long story as to why I haven't been talking about it. Until today, I wasn't completely convinced it was ever coming out...

Judy said...

Sandra, congratulations... off now to order it. And, send instructions on how to get it autographed ;-)

Happy New Year... can't be a more auspicious beginning.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Thanks Judy! How to get it autographed... I'll be at Left Coast Crime in Seattle end of January. Otherwise I'll have to think about that. I can send a signed bookplate.

Sela Carsen said...

Hey, I'm still using the Baby Brain excuse and my youngest is 6!

JamesO said...

Congratulations, Sandra. This must be one of those moments when the whole thing hits you and you realise it's all actually happening. I'm not surprised your brain's only half working; I'd be wandering around with an idiot grin on my face if it was me.

Mindy Tarquini said...

January in Seattle...

When are you coming to Phoenix? Your room is ready and we can do the blitz through bookstores thing that Elizabeth and I did with Joe Konrath and Barry Eisler. Betcha Angie will come. Maybe Elizabeth. Possibly Sharon.

And Angie, if that becomes something that happens, I can put you both up.

I usually order from Amazon, Sandra. I'll keep looking.

And congrats. Mucho congrats. Holy sh*t. It's really happening, isn't it?

Sandra Ruttan said...

Thanks guys - James, I thought you walked around with a goofy grin all the time anyway? Or is that just when you've been drinking? Just kidding.

Mindy, yeah, holy shit. Hard to believe...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the review and the pre-order. I want to order it but as it's hardcover and with the shipping it's too expensive. How long until it goes into paperback?

Anonymous said...

Pre-orders? Sounds like trouble. Me, I'm waiting till launch day where I get to fight off hundreds of kids that are (mostly) smaller than me and have been fans of Nintendo for decades. Wiley little buggers they are.

Wait. This is a book. No violence necessary.

;)