Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Are You Sick Of Me Yet?

Another interview with me has hit cyberspace, and will run in The Oshkosh Northwestern this weekened. My thanks to Bethany Warner for asking me the hardest question to date.

So, instead of saying anything about me, I'll tell you that DZ Allen's Muzzle Flash site is up and taking submissions. Here are the details for sending in your work:

Here's the details, as sent out by DZ Allen a few days ago:

This site is dedicated to noir and pulp fiction. We want to read about bad people doing bad things to other bad people. We want your black and white worlds filled with thugs and crooked cops who are most at home in dingy bars. Where gratuitous sex, violence, and smoking are still encouraged. Where all the women are gorgeous and the only thing longer than their legs are the lies they tell.

We want it fast and quick, with no questions asked. Stories must be 700 words or less. No reprints please - get off your dusty duff and put the bottle away long enough to write something original for the site. All copyrights stay with the author. Email your story to dzallen@dzallen.net with Submission in the comment line. Cut and paste your submission in the body of the email - no attachments. Keep the stories intelligent and well written. I'll post almost anything and reserve the right to hold back a story if I feel it doesn't meet the spirit of the site. Use your brains and give me something smart. Include a short bio or where you can be contacted. I will not post anonymous submissions. Comments will be open but flaming posts will not be tolerated. If you don't have something constructive or supportive to say keep your filthy trap shut.

So bring on your hit men and women, your thugs, your private dicks, your hookers with hearts of gold, your gullible young studs easily swayed to perform evil deeds by a sultry smile and a glimpse of cleavage. We've got the perfect place for them to misbehave.
***

I don't know DZ, but I like him already.

Oh, and have you heard? The latest Spinetingler is up and available for download. Almost 4000 downloads so far, and Anne Frasier has a cool assessment on some of the stories in this issue. This is a big part of why we do this - exposure for those writers. Now I'm running off to Angie's to do the Snoopy Dance.

Then it's time to work. Yeah, I do do that occasionally.

12 comments:

angie said...

The flash site is pretty cool - plus a good friend just flashed there a few days ago - "Honey" by Christian Smith. He's showing his dark side...

Sandra Ruttan said...

Yeah, I'll have to find my dark side before I'll have anything to offer. ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hehe, maybe I should look into the underworld of Rome, the fishy crossroad taverns in the subura. But I'll have to research how many gold aurei contract killers took, first. :)

Sandra Ruttan said...

I think that's a great idea Gabriele!

anne frasier said...

great interview, sandra!

Anonymous said...

Another interview? You are becoming famous.

angie said...

"Another interview? You are becoming famous."

or infamous!

Sandra Ruttan said...

Thanks Anne! Tough questions, some of them.

Eileen and Angie, I don't know. I've been thinking about becoming the Paper Bag Author, nomless in cyberspace. You know, be a real mystery author nobody knows anything about. Think I could reinvent myself?

Anonymous said...

How could anyone get sick of you? I spend many LONG hours with you and I never stop enjoying your pleasant personality.

Did I mention they were very very long...

Anonymous said...

I have heard of Sandra Ruttan on the internets.

s.w. vaughn said...

Ooooh, a new flash site! Sweet! I'm all over Out of the Gutters -- color me supportive. Even put an icon up on my website. :-) Can't wait to get my hands on that book!

Mucho congrats on the new interview, Sandra!