Sunday, December 10, 2006

Holiday Get To Know You

Of the holidays

I took the tag from Trace for two reasons. One, I thought it was something festive (and it required minimal brain power on my part to do it) and two, Trace’s new book, Finding Chloe is available Monday! What a year for Trace – two books out there through Liquid Silver and she continues to work her heart out on behalf of Spinetingler. The woman is amazing.

So, the Holiday Get-To-Know-You Meme.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate, with cinnamon. Ummm.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
If Santa=Sandra, then they go in gift bags because I can’t wrap presents. If you’ve seen the commercial where the woman picks up the beautifully wrapped box and it falls out the bottom, well….

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Neither currently. But usually coloured.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
What, and kiss someone around here? Yuck.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
November. Usually right after Halloween.

6 What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I just love turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. And then my brother-in-law, Martin, makes the best turkey stew. Oh, and biscuits. With the wheat thing I’m not supposed to eat stuff like that too much, but biscuits. Umm. It’s the simple things you miss when you have food issues.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Just the way the tree looked.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
My sister told me, when she showed me where the Christmas presents were hidden. I was getting Star Wars action figures.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
See #17

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love snow. Especially nice, fat snowflakes drifting down slowly.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, I used to do that for work. It’s been a few years, though.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift for Christmas?
Last year Kevin got me a bear that dances to Jingle Bells. Not only do I love it, but Dash loves it too. Dashiell is a musical kid.

14 . What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
The sappy commercials. They make me cry. Even the Canadian Tire commercials get me all sentimental.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Pumpkin pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Christmas Eve with my sister’s family. The kids are a lot of fun. It sucks to have Christmas without kids.

17. What tops your tree?
Nothing. Just lights and lace ornaments and simple things.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I love giving someone something that makes them happy. But I have no objections to receiving nice surprises too.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Merry Bloody Xmas by the Rovers. Followed by Mary’s Boy Child by Boney M.

20. Do you like Candy Canes?
Love them.

My cousin Bridget sent me a Christmas card. Thought I'd share it.

Uh, obviously, she isn't the one in the picture.

17 comments:

angie said...

I made the mistake of clicking on the card...that cowboy's South Pole boogie is more than a little disturbing!

Anonymous said...

That looks just like me! No not the cowboy the fat lil' penguin next to the bunny!

Sandra Ruttan said...

I think that little bunny is in love with the cowboy.

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

LOL...I didn't realize there was more to it until I read Angie's comment...Wohoo...shake that thing! *blush*....did I say that?

Anonymous said...

How did your cousin get that photo of me?

Anonymous said...

How did your cousin get that photo of me?

Anonymous said...

How did your cousin get that photo of me?

Anonymous said...

How did your cousin get that photo of me?

Anonymous said...

How did your cousin get that photo of me?

Anonymous said...

How did your cousin get that photo of me?

Anonymous said...

How did your cousin get that photo of me?

Anonymous said...

To quote myself (from Anne's blog), oh my lord, Blogger is being a butt today.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Ha Bonnie, you did say that!

Bill, I gave her your name and phone number... You don't mind, do you? ;)

Anonymous said...

Let me check with my wife and get back to you on that, Sandra.

Mindy Tarquini said...

How did your cousin get that photo of me?

You ought to see somebody about that stutter, Bill.

Anonymous said...

o.O

Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

Aaaaw thanks Sandra!! *SMOOCH* But I want to be YOU when I grow up. I'd be on a gurney if I did as much as you do. Is that how you spell gurney?