Monday, April 28, 2008

Cyber-Tracking and 123 meme

I was delighted to note that yesterday, out of the latest 100 visitors as of the time I checked, 6 had gone to look at Dorchester's website while only two had gone to read about masturbation.

Maybe I'm attracting a better class of readers these days.

Okay, seriously, there are a few new things out in cyberspace that may be of interest. First, Brian modifies the rules to do the 123 meme I tagged him with for the novella he's reading and Barbara Fister and Amra Pajalic also chimed in, so my rate of return came in a bit higher than I thought.

While I'm at it, I promised to redo the meme myself, because I was caught with it when I was at my sister's.

I've done step 5, so again, steps 1-4:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.


The nearest book: PAYING FOR IT by Tony Black

The fifth sentence: I shook my head.

The next three sentences: Don't know why, had seen this all a million times before. Somehow, today, things seemed that little bit more annoying. This place was riding on my nerves.

And dang, wish I could finish off the page, because the next few lines made me laugh. You'll just have to get your own copy if you want to know what's said.

A little while back, I shared the link to Damien Seaman's interview with me at Pulp Pusher. He actually did one monster interview (pressing on to almost three hours on the phone) and split the goods in two. Now, you can read the other half of our exchange at Noir Originals.

And there will be something else tomorrow - I'll be guest blogging at Crimerant to mark the "official" shipping date of the book (although I know it's already available). I'll post the link here when the post is up.

No comments: