Friday, March 28, 2008

Spinetingler Update, At Central Booking & Amusement

Spinetingler has made the big leap in the transition to MBS. There are still a few things that have to be moved over in terms of online reading content, but the bulk of the site is now active.

If anyone does spot anything that isn't working, you can e-mail me or drop a note in the comments and I'll pass that on. In the next few weeks, the new At Central Booking site will be fully active. At that time, anyone linking to the site will want to change the link to www.atcentralbooking.com Most of the original content has already been moved.

By mid-May, we hope to have all the kinks out, the new Spinetingler issue up, new content and audio shorts on At Central Booking, and the new Mystery Bookspot home page in place. Payment for short stories increases to $25 per story as of the fall 2008 Spinetingler issue.

And, to round this out with something not so serious, I know I shouldn't be so amused...

"Former Marijuana Grow Operation, is subject to mould & has not been remediated. The title to the lands are subject to the Notice of Health Hazard registered by CHR as Instrument No. 071 058 460 and occupancy of the lands will not be permitted until the Lands are remediated & the CHR Notice removed. Anyone viewing the property MUST WEAR APPROPRIATE PROTECTIVE CLOTHING in accordandance with the Calgary Health Region's Notice of Health Hazard Registration."

And only $245,000! Wow, what a steal of a deal! I'm sure the banks will be rushing to finance that mortgage.

(Only an 8 minute drive from here. The things my neighbours get up to.)

8 comments:

Richard Cooper said...

Oh, I don't know, I'm allergic to mold, so I think I'll wait until a crack house comes on the market instead. Then, at least, I could gather up all the old needles and crack pipes and re-sell them to desperate junkies for a little mad money.

Sandra Ruttan said...

You see, I have a real appreciation for the practical approach you take. I'll be sure to give you a heads up if I hear of something suitable... ;)

Chris said...

Spinetingler looks all kinds of snazzy! Very cool.

Also, I can only assume appropriate protective clothing = Dead T-shirt and patchouli-soaked kerchief.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Now that's what the boys want to hear - Mark and Damon did a fantastic job, and this is only the beginning. :)

John McFetridge said...

Looks great! And twenty-five bucks, fantastic.

Now, I know we're all opposed to BSP and all that, but how can I let this post pass without mentioning my story "Grow House" in the current issue of Demolition?

Sorry.

Sandra Ruttan said...

I think that squeaks by, because it's bashful self promotion. Just enough modesty. ;) And it is appropriate!

Mindy Tarquini said...

You're so damned efficient, Sandra! I'm happy if I get the breakfast dishes into the dishwasher before dinner. Congrats on getting all the rearranging done. It all looks great.

James Goodman said...

Yes, the new site looks fab. I've changed all my links to the new url. :D