Thursday, January 31, 2008

So what happens with an Irish Crime Author lets slip at 1 AM that you're going to announce award winners?

Thank you Declan.

Okay, seriously, this was the plan. I just didn't realize I'd be banging my head against Cyberduck, trying to get the damn pdf of the new Spinetingler to upload for hours...

Oh, what's that? Shut up woman, and get on with the awards? Well then...

If I were a better person, I'd be prepared with some sort of formal announcement.

But I'll just say that the winners of the 2007 Spinetinglers have been announced. For the most part, each category was determined by popular vote and a few categories were affected by editorial input due to a tie.

This coincides with the release of the new issue of Spinetingler.

And, in the ultimate act of madness, I picked today to launch the new site, AT CENTRAL BOOKING Originally intended to for launch sometime in the spring, it's been bumped up a bit. Not everything is active yet, and I'm hoping more podcasters and vbloggers will jump on board - so long as it's relevant content to the intention of the site. In other words, promoting great work from our genre, not self-promotion.

My hope is that when Spinetingler is relocated, At Central Booking will move to its new home as well. This coincides with the announcement last week that I've joined Mystery Bookspot as a reviewer, although that was a private announcement to the team at MBS & FBS. My first review should be up over there sometimes this weekend.

Having launched an issue, and a new site, I desperately hope all links are active, that I didn't put Chris Holm's story in the file for Damien Seaman's, or mess something else up.

Fingers crossd...

Do check out the new site. From David Thayer's A Reviewer Goes To The Drugstore, to seeing whether or not Allan Guthrie and Ray Banks can pass the lie detector when up against their Harcourt editor, Stacia Decker, there's a lot of fun stuff.

Plus varying opinions on reviewing criteria for the deep thinkers.

And lots of other stuff I'm forgetting...

11 comments:

Lyman Feero said...

Congrats to all the winners. A might fine selection!

Chris said...

Holy hell! You have GOT to be kidding me. Maybe Canadian math is different than American. Or maybe that computer lab/homeless shelter I've been running out of my basement for tax purposes has finally paid off...

Seriously, Sandra, I couldn't thank you enough. Win or lose, this has been a hell of a ride (although I'm sure not complaining about 'win'). Now if you'll excuse me, I've got an issue of Spinetingler to read...

Sandra Ruttan said...

Canadian math is different. Things in the US have been so vague ever since Bush uttered those words about Iraq and proof...

Oh, ooops, did I type that?

Seriously, it is a joke.

Just kidding.

CONGRATS Chris! Why do you think I e-mailed to ask if you'd died?

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all the winners!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winners. I'm wrapped Daniel Hatadi got a shout out.

Richard Cooper said...

I tired just reading about all you've done this month! Congrats to the winners and nominees! So much reading to do now...

Stephen Blackmoore said...

The only thing I can say is that every one of the wins was well deserved. Congratulations to everybody.

Including Chris, even though he kicked my ass.

Daniel Hatadi said...

I've been sneakily watching At Central Booking take shape (I have special powers of internet observation) and it's great to see such a diverse site added to the crime webiverse. Great work, Sandra!

And, holy crap, thank you for running awards that will allow me to win, especially when everyone else is so deserving.

Congrats to all the winners, and the nominees.

Kelli Stanley said...

Congratulations, all! It's been an honor to be in your company.

And the new site looks terrific! Oh, and I'll take whatever energy drink Sandra is using. ;)

Sandra Ruttan said...

Holy hell, could I have any more typos in a post than I do in this one? Geez.

I need sleep.

Uh, yeah, congrats guys. All very much deserved.

I need a drink.

Brian Lindenmuth said...

I need a drink.

Well then let me be the first to offer you a chocolate breakfast shake :)