Thursday, February 01, 2007

Left Coast Crime: Getting There From Here

If it's possible for something to go wrong, it undoubtedly will. At least, if you're me.

Yes, I can post to my blog. But I can't email. I can't even retrieve my voicemail messages off my phone. If you leave one, Kevin will retrieve it and then phone me and tell me.

Splendid.

And I have a headache.

All of which has nothing to do with the wonderful kick-start to LCC last night. I drove down from Vancouver with Merlot and Jen, from the 4MA list, and after several attempts at locating the hotel we managed to get ourselves in and settled. Then it was off to the 4MA dinner party, which was a lot of fun. Although there were 42 people present it still felt a bit like a blur of names, but so many of those names were familiar from posts, and it was nice to start putting names to faces.

Plus, seeing Maddy adorned with handcuffs and chains was a treat.

I'm off this morning in search of Aleve and a dark corner, but when I manage to extricate myself I'm sure I'll have more LCC observations to share.

(So, btw, to those emailing it will be next week before you hear back from me. And I'll be digging my way out from under the stash of emails that have come in, so be patient with me!)

And I can't post a link here at the moment, but Patrick Shawn Bagley has Heavy Metal Noir selections posted on his blog.

3 comments:

Mindy Tarquini said...

Oh good. You're still breathing.

I worry.

Did you see my friend, yet?

angie said...

What Mindy said (about the still breathing - I don't care about her friend :o). Have a great time at the con!

anne frasier said...

i keep imagining you wandering around wearing your fuck pin, but i think you gave that to somebody at bouchercon.

sorry about the headache. i know what a hassle that can be. i had one the entire time i was in madison. i'm beginning to suspect flying.

drink lots of water.