Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Feel it in your bones

When I was a kid, I thought it was odd when old people talked about feeling the weather changing in their bones.

Now, I'm the old one who knows when a Chinook wind is on the way, or the temperature is about to plummet. Recurring knee injuries sensitive to changes in air pressure or whatever will do that to you, I guess.

And then there are these times when something happens and it should upset you or get you down, but it doesn't. And then something else happens, and you think maybe this is where it all begins. Maybe this is the thing you've been waiting for.

You never really know until it happens, I guess. Someone once told me 'every no is one no closer to a yes.' Sort of presumes the yes is a certainty and puts the focus on the journey. Maybe instead of chaffing at the bit to see results I should just sit back and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had joint pain I can only attribute to the weather. I didn't realise old age started so early!