Thursday, May 01, 2008

Writers Wanted

Spinetingler is going to start paying for some non-fiction articles, and the pay will be higher for non-fiction than for fiction.

Sounds great, right?

Well, on the surface, it is. Beneath the surface, I have a budget to work with, and now I have the dilemma of deciding who to approach, or how to choose what we're going to run.

I already have a backlog of stories that haven't been reviewed. Jack Getze has joined the team on a regular basis - either because he just loved his guest editor stint, or he's a sucker for punishment... I'm not sure which - and that's a huge help. I wasn't sure I'd recover from losing three editors to general life insanity last year, but we're staying afloat, thanks to James and Jack.

Why is it every good thing comes with complications? I'm off to muddle though this dilemma some more, and see if I can work something out.

No comments: